Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Scraps, Strips, & Sale!

 Next on the agenda, I need to finish a baby quilt. 
I would love to give you a peek, but it's a gift for someone special and I'd hate for her to see it early. 
I promise to share when it is complete!

I've also started work on a quilt for my parents. 
(Shh, they don't know about it.)
I've been busy cutting away at my fabric and getting the strips ready for a strip-quilt.

 
Ah, scraps. The sign of a good day.
I love when I have a productive day!

I picked out some blues, greys, and yellow fabric.
I wasn't planning on doing orange but I loved this burnt orange fabric and decided to through it into the mix as well.
(This picture doesn't really do justice for how well the fabrics go together.)
Once it's all put together it will look good, I promise. 

I have enough strips for 2 rows.
I would like to have 3 or 4 so I'll have to go buy some more fabric...ugh.
Joann Fabrics is an hour away so I'm not sure how soon I'll be getting there. 
I'll get my two rows sewn and then make a trip!

Also, I MUST show you the fun find I got at a garage sale this week!
Have you ever been to a garage sale and it was like hitting the jackpot?! 
This was one of those garage sales. 
I spent 2 hours looking through that garage sale. TWO hours!!
I bought a box full of clothes, shoes,  AND...
FABRIC!!

I got this entire sack full of fabric for $1. 
And the best part, they aren't just scraps!
Some of them are 3-4 yards! Woot!
 
My favorite is the blue and pink stripes fabric.
I'm not sure what I'm going to make with any of these yet, but it will be nice to have a little more fabric to add to my stash.

No comments:

Post a Comment