Sunday, September 22, 2013

Happy Mail :)

Yesterday I received a package in the mail and was thrilled with what I found inside!!
 I was SO excited that the box didn't stand a chance...
My sweet aunt sent me some sewing goodies!
She is the most thoughtful woman I know! Love her!

She must have went to some vintage stores or somewhere fun to find these treasures! 
She sent a BIG bag full of threads and awesome old buttons! Eek!
I need to get me some cute old jars to display these pretties in! 
And look what else ...
 Is this not the sweetest little angel you ever did see? 
She is a pretty embroidering angel! Look at the teeny needle and thread!!
Swoon! She is quite special to me.

And last but not least, in fact, I squealed out lout with excitement 
when I unwrapped this little knick-knack:
 I LOVE this little vintage sewing machine!! 
You would never believe it's actually a pencil sharpener!! Cute, right?!!
It's okay to be jealous. I would be too.
This little knick-knack so precious to me is because I recently got ....

A vintage sewing machine!!
This beauty is mine.
I have always wanted a vintage sewing machine. Always.
I think they are beautiful and I could stare at them all day long.
In fact, sometimes I just stand and look at my machine and can't believe it's mine! 
I finally found a home for it in a little corner of my dining room by my french doors.
I draped a quilt I've been working on over the desk part to make it look like it's been sewing away! But it's just for looks-such a fun way to display a quilt. (Thanks Ma for the idea!)
I'd like to make a more 'vintage-looking' quilt to drape over it  but for now this works!
And underneath I filled a basket with some baby quilts and books.
They aren't just any quilts and books. They are special to me. 
The quilts were made by my grandmother and great grandmother when I was a baby. 
And the books were also my grandmothers who passed them on to my mother who has now given them to me!

(More on my new sewing machine another day!)

For now, I want to send a HUGE thank you to my Aunt Cindy!!
You are just way too sweet!! 
I feel overwhelmingly blessed.
I really can't thank you enough!!
I love you!


2 comments:

  1. Hi Whit! You won my giveaway of First Steps to Free Motion Quilting, but your comment didn't have an email address, so I'm writing you here. Please send me an email with your mailing address and I'll have the book sent to you asap! jessunderquilts at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh awesome! I'm SO excited!! Thanks so much! I emailed you back!

      Delete