Thursday, September 12, 2013

What's New?!

As usual, I've been busy sewing away! 
My husband asked me to make a gift for a lady from work who is resigning.
He didn't tell me what to make so I whipped up a lil zipper pouch. What woman doesn't like a zipper pouch?!
They are awesome. They are perfect to throw in your purse or have in your travel bag! 
So that is what I made for her and here is how it turned out:

 I even stuck her initial on the inside to make it a lil extra special. 
I originally was going to put the 'B' on the outside, but I didn't like it. 
I thought it made it look too little girlsy..
I actually really like it on the inside. It's a nice surprise!

Yesterday was a busy day as well.
I made a quick quilt top and even tried my Dresden Ruler for the first time! 
First, here is the quilt:
You'll have to forgive me for the poor quality pics. It was late so I had to take them inside under my terrible yellow lights!
(I'm hoping to get some better pics today!)

As for my dresden plate, I was really nervous I would mess up or ruin it! 
In the end, I think I did rather well considering it was my first time!
I learned a couple things along the way, but overall I'm pleased with it so far!!

I'm not exactly sure what I'm going to make with it.. whether add it to a quilt, mini quilt, or ???..
I would love to make more and add them to a quilt but I've run out of the Moda Simple Color fabric I used for this. Perhaps I'll order more and add them to a quilt!!





No comments:

Post a Comment