Monday, July 8, 2013

Busy Bee Me.


I'm back! I have been a busy bee! It's been awhile since my last post! Let me catch you up on a few things I've been making...

I've made quite a few stuffed owls lately!! Owls are so popular right now and I can see why! They are adorable!! I've probably made around 25-30 owls in the past 5 months.They are fun to make because each and every one are different! I especially like the girly owls I make with LOTS of ruffles and bows! Cute, right??


My own personal quilt is coming along...slowly but surely. I just work on it sporadically here and there when I find some free time or run across more scraps. The pattern is called Square in Square. I'm trying to use up any scraps and mismatched fabric I have. I love the funky mismatched craziness of it! I have been contemplating whether or not to add one more row..and I think I want to do one more. In the past I've made a couple quilts for myself and regret not making them longer. They are long enough for me but a little short for my husband. I've put a lot of time and work into this quilt so I want to make sure it's perfect.


For a little girl's 3rd birthday I made this special little crown! 
She's super girly so of course I had to add plenty of flowers and even some delicate pink pearls. 
I added velcro to the sides so the size is easily adjustable!


And for myself, I made this cute little tie headband! 
They are becoming quite the trend-again-and I love it! It's so 50's fashion!! 
Everyone is making them with bandanas, but I wanted something a little cuter so I whipped out some fabric and made one with some grey and white polkadots.
It was super fast and super easy! I'll have to make a tutorial for you all!



Next, I started work on a crib blanket for a friend I have who is expecting a lil boy! 

I think his name is cute so I personalized the quilt to make it extra special! I hope she likes it.
I added brown & tan polkadot fabric as the backing and did orange binding...

..as well as made owls a couple stuffed owls to match.
And she wanted a lil crinkle tag toy so I made some with fabric that was leftover.

Excitingly, there was even more fabric leftover! Enough to make a pillow to tie the nursery set together.


 The other night I got the itch to try a new pattern and tried the Herringboe pattern.
I LOVE it! It was quite a challenge.
 It was my first experience cutting angles. 
I think I'm going to turn this into a cute little pillow throw once I square it up and add some border.


Now, I'm currently working on another quilt for someone special.
 (I can't share because I want it to be a surprise)
I got the fabric today and I think I want to do a strip quilt.
 I also got some fabric to give a shot at sewing with hexagons. 
Wish me luck!


No comments:

Post a Comment