Friday, March 25, 2016

Vintage Pink Baby Quilt

I'm excited to share with you today the newest baby quilt I recently finished for a friend of mine having a baby girl. She asked that the quilt be pink & vintage!
I'm a vintage-loving girl myself so I had a fun time piecing this beauty together! 
I feel like the pictures just don't do justice for this quilt. The sun wasn't cooperating with me but these will at least give you a glimpse of it. 
I feel like pictures just don't do justice for how pretty this quilt really is!
The sun wasn't cooperating with me but these will at least give you a glimpse of it. 
I decided to do half square triangles for the design because triangles are awesome in any quilt. It really gives it a more scrappy look like you see in most vintage quilts.

And for a little special touch, I embroidered the baby girl's name at the bottom of the quilt.
Truly a keepsake.
I don't personally have an embroidery machine but my best friend Rachel at Stitches N Snippets recently got one for Christmas so when I traveled up to visit her she let me borrow it for few projects! It was so much FUN! I want one now! 
If only they were cheaper... 
Oh well, perk to having a cool best friend who also loves to sew.

If you ask Rachel, she could attest to how nervous I was about this quilt!!!
When I took the order I was asked to do swirls and designs in the quilt pattern rather than my typical straight-line quilting. I don't claim to be a professional free motion quilter, and in fact, this was my first quilt to do entirely of FMQ but I'm SO glad I went out of my comfort zone and did it. It's far from perfect, but for my first entire quilt of fmq, I'm pretty darn proud of it and think it turned out great!
I'm pleased with how it turned out and glad she asked me to do it because it went with the character of the quilt. With fmq, it wrinkled up ever so perfectly giving it that perfect vintage wrinkly quilt look. 
I mean doesn't it look so cuddly ?!
I hope the new Momma & baby love it and all of the special touches I added to it to make it a truly one of a kind quilt.

No comments:

Post a Comment