Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Ka-Chow! Cars Quilt

One of my goals for 2014 was to make a quilt for my son.
This past week I did just that!
Boom. New Year's List get dominated!

My son is 18 months now and loves the Disney movie Cars.
And when I say loves, it's more like obsessed
I have to limit how much he watches it because he would watch it all day every day if I let him.
He wakes up saying "Cars, cars, cars!"
So when we were out shopping for fabric, he spotted this wild Cars fabric right away!
And how could a mother say no?
  
As soon as I gave him his quilt, he grabbed it like a hug and walked around the house saying, "Mine! Mine!"
Needless to say, I think he loves it!

Happy Wednesday Everyone!!



Linking up: Blossom Heart Quilts

6 comments:

  1. Such a cute quilt! I found fabric at Hobby Lobby that has Tow-Mater on it. It was very hard to resist. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I got this Cars fabric from HobbyLobby too..I didn't see the Tow-Mater fabric or else I probably would've gotten it too! My little guy loves that truck!

      Delete
  2. Whit! You won my giveaway but maybe my email went to spam? Send me your address so I can send you your goods!

    http://sarahquilts.com/2014/01/30/its-better-to-give/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness!! Thanks so much! Sorry I didn't get your email...I just found it!! Emailed you back!! Thanks for saving it for me!

      Delete
  3. That was a fast finish, well done you! I like your use of the triangles - brings to mind car badges.
    Are you working on anything at the moment?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm working on a million projects at the moment it seems...hoping to get a post up today with a peak at things. I've got 3 quilts in the works as well as about 10 other small projects on top of that! Busy busy busy!! :/

      Delete