Thursday, August 13, 2015

Boys Will Be Boys

I'm not sure how the age of 2 became known as the "terrible twos"
because now that son is three, the terrible twos feels like it was a piece of cake compared to three so far.
Is three the age of mood swings? 
Whoa.
Sometimes if people see he's having a bad day and ask what's wrong with him, the only thing I have to say is, "He turned three." 
People who have young boys or who have raised boys tell me that it's typical and reassure me that it's just a stage he's going through. And I cling to the hope that it will pass quickly.
If not, I'm in for a looooong year! 
As they say, "boys will be boys" and my son is the perfect example. 
A typical high energy little boy who likes to run around in his underwear, stick his tongue out, and laughs if you say "stinky face" or "fart head".
As much as he drives me crazy, I absolutely LOVE him and love having a little boy!! 
Boys are wild but so much fun. 

I've had it on my mind lately to make a boy quilt since I've sewn a lot of baby girl quilts recently.
I absolutely love blue & green together and happened to have quite a few of those colors in my stash so I started cutting and sewing what I already had in my stash. 
This is what I came up with. 
I love a simple patchwork quilt with striped binding.
It was so much fun taking pictures of this boy quilt!
I took shots where l know little boys love to play and near things they love.
For instance, little boys and their love of tractors...
...and swings...
...and fields to run around in and get dirt and tics.
I look forward to listing this in my etsy shop that will be opening SOON!!
I'm counting down the days!!! 
I'll release my opening date soon!
So stay tuned and thanks for following along!


**And HUGE thanks for all your kind words of support and encouragement when I announced I'm opening shop this past week! You all are so sweet and bless me immensely!
THANK YOU!!***

No comments:

Post a Comment