Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Orders Galore!

As I always say, things have been busy around here!
Today I am here to report, things are even MORE busier! 
Which is a blessing really. I am overwhelmed by all the love and support around me! 
At the moment, I have seven quilt orders. Say what?! Seven.
Wowsa. That's a lot. Thankfully only two of them have a due date. (Christmas)
More on that later..
This week my goal is to focus on getting these 4 orders done.

#1. First order I wanted to finish (and just finished today) were these Iowa Hawkeye Ruffle Zipper Pouches.
  #2. I have a small lap quilt order that I hope to be able to have finished to give on Sunday! I have the top completed and am SO ready to have this one finished. It was a slow-going quilt for me. It was my first time with Flying Geese..and I LOVE the look of them, but they took me a LONG time!


#3. I have a pillow that needs sewn up! I just finished getting the fabric for it and need to start cutting tonight! I'm having a hard time deciding what kind of quilt pattern block to do! I'm thinking the Dutch Rose...hmm..will see! I want to have that done to give by Sunday too!

#4. I am finishing up a mini quilt for swap going on over at Schnitzel and Boo!
The quilt is done and I need to hand stitch the binding tonight! I've also been working on a few goodies to add to the package! Hope my partner will love this Ruffled Chevron Pouch because I sure do!


I still have a lot of work to do so wish me luck I finish my four projects by Sunday!!

And I want to say thank you for those who are waiting patiently on some of your orders! You are wonderful!
It's been even harder lately to get things done because my little one has officially hit TODDLER stage. 
Oh the dreaded T word.
If he's not eating or watching Mickey Mouse, he is at my feet whining. He gets bored at home and expects me to entertain him which makes it hard to get anything done. 
Sometimes I have him help switch loads of laundry and help pick up toys and such..but for some reason he's not a fan of me being at my computer or sewing machine.
I'm telling you! He could be playing so nicely off by himself but the moment he sees me sit down to either of those, he drops his toys running to me and whines for me to get down and play with him. 
*sigh* 
Don't get me wrong, I LOVE playing with my son. 
We play ALL the time and read books--or rather, the same book over and over--all the time! 
I just haven't gotten a break in a while because my husband has been gone (A LOT) lately with coaching and hunting. Oh what I would do to have an entire afternoon free to just sew away....HA!
Don't see that happening anytime soon. So for now, my time to sew is during naptime and bedtime!
I'll take what I can get! ;)

Happy Sewing!!

No comments:

Post a Comment