Friday, February 22, 2013

Scrappy Spring Wreath Tutorial

Here's a wreath I made for spring that will be available at my craft show! It was easy peasy!! But slightly time consuming. It's a good project to do while watching a movie or after the kids are in bed relax and work on it while you have free time here & there. I was fortunate to have a friend come over while I was working on this wreath so I put her to work adding the scraps with me while we visited with one another. So here's how to do it:

You will need:

~1 wire wreath
~scrap fabric

 That's it! Just 2 things!! Can't beat that right?!

You will need LOTS of scrap fabric cut into strips. My strips were about 1.5" wide and 5.5" in length. You can play around with it and see what sizes you like best though! 

And you will need a wire wreath which you can find at good ol' HobbyLobby.. mine is an 18" wreath I believe. Then all you have to do is tie your strips of fabric on! I didn't double knot mine, a good tug after you tie it once should be fine! 

I love how it turned out! It's springy and even looks a lil like Easter!! I have plans to make many more in different colors! I want to do a Hawkeye inspired one with their football colors! I'll be sure to share a picture of it when I do! If you make one feel free to share it with me! I'd love to see it!



No comments:

Post a Comment